Contact Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
Contact details and the Referral and Information Record for Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council are provided here.
Making a referral
If you wish to make a referral, please download the Safer Referral Form and complete all relevant sections prior to contacting us. Please follow the instructions on the form for the procedure to be followed.
Prior to referral, ask yourself these questions:
- Have I assessed the child and documented my findings?
- Have I documented existing risk factors or issues?
- Is there any evidence of substance abuse, domestic abuse, mental illness, a chaotic lifestyle or missed appointments?
- Has the Early Help Assessment Framework been followed?
- Has the situation been discussed with the child’s parent(s)?
- Who else is in the household?
- Have I updated myself on the children’s recent health history (Health staff)?
- Do I have knowledge of any siblings? May they be at risk of harm too?
- Is there a social worker allocated? Have I discussed this referral with that social worker?
- Has the situation been discussed with a manager/senior colleague for safeguarding?
By completing the form prior to making a call you will ensure that you have the following available:
- The evidence triggering the call
- A list of recent events
- The child’s health record (Health staff)
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
During working hours:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm
Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Redcar & Cleveland Multi-agency Hub
Daisy Lane, Overfields, Redcar
Tel: 01642 130700
Out of hours:
Emergency Duty Team
Tel: 01642 524 552